Did you know chia seeds can absorb seven times their weight in water? Back in the day, the Aztecs and Mayans prized them for their ability to provide sustainable energy on long journeys.
These tiny seeds pack a powerful nutritional punch and make for a great addition to yogurt, oatmeal, and smoothies.
Another favorite is overnight chocolate pudding. With 5 simple ingredients, this recipe is easy and delicious.
Easy Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- In a mixing bowl add unsweetened cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Slowly start to add almond milk to the mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Lastly, add chia seeds, cover and refrigerate overnight.